Send us a message
Conductor Bjarte Engeset gained his Diploma, (with the highest possible score), at the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki in 1989, where he studied with professor Jorma Panula. In 1991 he was chosen as a member of the Tanglewood Music Center Seminar of conductors where the teachers included Seiji Ozawa, Gustav Meier, Simon Rattle, Marek Janowski and others.
Bjarte Engeset has been Music Director of Tromsø Symphony Orchestra, The Norwegian Wind Ensemble, artistic director of Northern Norway´s Northern Lights Festival, Opera Nord and permanent guest conductor of Flemish Radio Orchestra. He is now Music Director of Royal Norwegian Navy Orchestra.
2007-2012 Engeset was Chief Conductor and Artistic Director of Sweden’s DalaSinfonietta having considerably contributed to the outstanding high level of the orchestra, performing at Boston Worchester Festival and in Washington D.C in 2008 and a residency at Bergen International Festival 2011.
Engeset has been in demand to perform concerts, tours and CD recordings with leading orchestras like Baltimore Symphony, Belgrade Philharmonic, Bergen Philharmonic, Bournemouth Symphony, Czech Philharmonic, Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra, Malmø Symphony, National Philharmonic Orchestra of Russia, NDR Philharmonic Orchestra, Washington NGA Symphony Orchestra, Oslo Philharmonic, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, St. Petersburg Philharmonic, South Jutland Philharmonic, Sofia Philharmonic and Zagreb Philharmonic to great public and critical acclaim and with soloists like Ida Haendel, Henning Kraggerud, Oleg Kogan, Truls Mørk, Arve Tellefsen, Vilde Frang, Lars Anders Tomter, Leif Ove Andsnes, Håvard Gimse, Henning Kraggerud, Solveig Kringlebotn, Elizabeth Norberg - Schulz , Benjamin Schmid, Martin Frøst, Ivo Pogorelic and Louis Lortie.
Engesets extensive discography include more than 30 acclaimed best-selling albums. Most of them given highest distinction by international music media. Among those albums are:
- Johan Svendsen:Symphonies with Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. (Naxos)
- Geirr Tveitt:Orchestra Suites"100 Hardingtonar" and Piano Concertos (soloist Håvard Gimse) with Royal Scottish National Orchestra (Naxos). (Several Editor's Choice)
- "Norwegian Orchestra Favourites” with Iceland Symphony Orchestra. (Naxos)
- Works by Klengel with NDR Philharmonic Orchestra(CPU)
- CD-Recordings of Flemish music with Flemish Radio Symphony Orchestra (Klara)
- CD with "Madredeus" and Flemish Radio Symphony Orchestra (EMI)
- Sibelius & Sinding:Violin Concertos w/ Henning Kraggerud & Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. (Naxos)
- Norwegian Violin Favourits and Nordic Violin Favourites w/ Henning Kraggerud (Naxos)
- Grieg: Comprehensive recordings of Grieg´s complete orchestral music w / RSNO and Malmø Symphony Orchestra (Naxos «Grieg Edition» 7 albums ).
- Ludvig Irgens-Jensen: Orchestra Music (10/10 Review Classicstoday. com)
Engeset is pivotal in the scientific research and editorial work within Norway's ongoing "Music Heritage" project, especially regarding the orchestral music by Edvard Grieg, Johan Svendsen, Ludvig Irgens-Jensen and Geirr Tveitt.
Sandefjord Church, 13:00
Sandefjord Church, 18:30